Biopren Insect Growth Regulator Spray
You may also like
Advanced Insect Control
Some insect infestations, such as bed bugs, are notoriously difficult to get rid of. Part of the problem is that there is no known insecticide that kills insect eggs. This is a particular problem when dealing with bed bugs – it means you can kill every single mature insect while still leaving hundreds of eggs untouched. Once those eggs hatch and the larvae mature, they will lay eggs of their own, building up the infestation again in a matter of weeks. This is why Biopren Growth Regulator is so important – it doesn’t kill the eggs, but it does stop them growing through their life cycle so they can’t lay eggs. This makes total elimination of any insect infestation much easier.
Combined Active Ingredients for Increased Effectiveness
This advanced formula contains S-Methoprene and Pyrethrins, a combination of active ingredients to ensure effectiveness. This not only prevents insects from maturing, but it also kills them within 48 hours.
Flushing Agent to Ensure Maximum Coverage
Many insects – bed bugs in particular – are known for hiding in the tiniest cracks and crevices, meaning they can escape even thorough insecticide treatments. Biopren contains a flushing agent – a milder, delayed-action insecticide that triggers a flight response in the insects. This flushes them out of hiding and onto other treated surfaces, ensuring more pests are exposed to the insecticide.
Biopren should be applied as a surface spray. When applied to your surfaces, it remains active for up to two weeks. As any pests walk across a treated surface, they pick up the Biopren on their legs. As the insects use their legs to clean themselves regularly, this ensures they ingest the formula and die within 48 hours.
Suitable Against Any Insect
This formula is commonly used by professionals to tackle very resilient pests with multi-stage life cycles, such as bed bugs. However, it’s also suitable for use against any insect thanks to its combination of active ingredients. This means you can use it to get rid of moths, wasps, cockroaches, and more.
Water-Based Non-Staining Formula
Despite its amazing, professional-grade performance, this formula is water-based and non-staining, so you can use it on almost any surface.
When dealing with bed bugs, a heavier dose of spray is recommended for each square metre compared to other crawling insects. This is because bed bugs are more difficult to eradicate as a whole and can grow resistant against previously used insecticides.
Each bottle dispenses 0.6ml formula per spray.
Application per square metre
- 8-10 trigger pulls (48-60ml per square metre) for fleas, cockroaches and crickets
- 24-26 trigger pulls (150-180ml per square metre) for bed bugs
Soft surfaces such as mattresses and sofas may require more sprays as they can absorb some of the formula.
How to Use
- Simply spray generously onto the affected area. You may notice increased insect activity due to the flushing agent – this is a sign it is working.
- Re-treat the area after around two weeks if required.
Bed linen, pillows and quilts should not be sprayed but washed on a hot cycle.
Frequently asked questions
To eliminate a bed bug problem, a coordinated, thorough and planned treatment of every room affected in the home is required. Follow these steps:
- Hot wash your bed sheets and bedding on the highest temperature the label allows. This hot temperature wash will remove any bugs and eggs present on your bedding.
- Vacuum your carpets and mattress, this may pick up any deposited eggs or any bugs on these surfaces. Immediately remove the bag from the hoover and dispose of it in your outside bin.
- Open all cupboard and wardrobe doors as well as drawers, leaving all clothing, bed sheets and toys out in the open. Tip the mattress on one end so the entire mattress is open to the fumes. Make everything in the room as accessible to the smoke as possible. You may want to unscrew light switches, remove photographs and pictures from their frames and from the walls as well as taking out bulbs in light sockets.
- Place the required amount of fumers (according to your room size) on a metal baking tray. Remove the lid of the fumer and light the fumer. Seal and leave the room for 3-4 hours. We recommend, if possible, treating overnight due to the nocturnal behaviour of bed bugs.
- After the given number of hours have passed, re-enter the room and open all the windows and doors to air the room for at least two hours.. You may in certain circumstances see bed bugs out in the open. The fumes have forced the bugs out of the cracks and crevices. We would then recommend using Protector FCIK instant kill spray to kill these bugs whilst out in the open.
- Using the Biopren BFS-a bed bug spray, apply to all carpeted areas, the mattress (not the bed sheets directly), the bed frame and inside any wardrobes and cupboards but not directly onto clothing as the spray can be an irritant to skin. Be thorough, getting into every fold, crack and crevice. Once the spray is dry, it is safe for any pets and children to re-enter the room. The spray needs to be re-applied after 4-6 weeks until the infestation is eliminated.
- Apply Residex P powder to any cracks and crevices in walls, around skirting boards and near plug sockets where spray is unadvisable.
After this treatment, you can continue to sleep in the bedroom or live in the treated rooms as normal. We then highly recommend that you repeat the treatment 7-10 days after the initial treatment to ensure any second stage bed bugs are also killed, before they can restart the breeding cycle.
There is no product on the market for the amateur user that will kill bed bug eggs. Insecticides have great difficulty penetrating the exterior of the eggs so once an infestation has been treated these eggs will survive and then the population can slowly regenerate. This is why we would therefore recommend retreating the effected area after 7-10 days.
Once the spray has soaked into carpets and other sprayed surfaces, pets and children are safe to walk or crawl on the surfaces. The spray cannot be applied directly onto pets and their coats.
Ask one of our experts!
We aim to answer all questions as soon as possible - often within a few hours! Although please bear in mind that during busier periods it may take up to 48 hours to receive a response. We look forward to hearing from you.