Area coverage (m²)
Electric Fly Killers
Browse our range of electric fly killer / zappers and light bulb tubes to help keep unwanted flying insects at bay during warmer months. Xterminate carries an choice of electric fly killers and zappers, ranging from low cost, lower wattage (16W) for use around the home or kitchen to extremely powerful, high wattage (40W) fly zappers designed for commercial and industrial use. Our high quality fly killers have ultra effective UV bulbs with rays that attract a number of flying insects to the appliance and instantly zaps them on contact. Choosing the right electric fly killer for your needs can be a confusing task. That's why we've got a friendly, professional team of pest control experts ready to answer your questions and help you choose the right price, features and model for your needs.
How to keep flies out of your home
Flies can be a big problem for some of us during the summer months. They can invade our conservatories, kitchens, roomes and homes and become a huge annoyance. Follow these simple steps to keep them out of your house.
1. Covering food up is a wise idea both when flies are present and when they aren't. They venture into our homes to find something to eat, so covering up food is a good place to start.
2. Flies love wet pet food and it's their favourite breeding ground. Placing small quantities more often and removing the bowl once your pet has finished is a great way to keep your animal safe and to keep flies at bay.
3. Bin hygiene. Ensure that your bin lid closes completely and clean it by bleaching or disinfecting it each week. We also recommend storing your bin away from direct sunlight if possible. This helps to reduce smells, which in turn prevents flies from being attracted to it.
4. Keep ripe fruit protected by placing it inside your fridge. (As their name suggests, fruit flies are drawn towards to ripened fruits and vegetables within the kitchen.)
5. Always rinse bottles and jars before placing them in your recycling bin.