You may also like
Bed bugs are a notorious pest for domestic and commercial properties. Often, their presence is incorrectly linked to poor hygiene when in fact even the cleanest property can suffer a bed bug infestation. All of our products are HSE Registered, meaning when they are used correctly and with enough perseverance, they will eliminate an infestation.
As part of the recommendations of leading pest control manufacturers, our kits contain enough products to treat the particular room size or number of rooms twice. We recommend a gap in between treatments of 7-10 days. This is due to no products being available in eliminating the recently lied bed bug eggs so this re-treatment kills any recently hatched bed bugs and therefore eliminates the bed bug infestation.
Contents of the kits:
|1 Single Room||2 x 11g||500ml||100g|
|1 Double Room||4 x 11g||1 litre||400g|
|2 rooms||8 x 11g||2 litres||400g|
|3 rooms||12 x 11g||5 litres||800g||400ml|
|4 rooms||16 x 11g||10 litres||1200g||800ml|
|8-10 rooms||20 x 11g||20 litres||1200g||1 litre||800ml|
|10+ rooms||40 x 11g||20 litres||1600g||3 litres||1600ml|
Midi fumers 11g
We strongly recommend treating any room infested by bed bugs with a smoke bomb. The 11g Midi fumer treats 25 cubic metres when treating bed bugs and gets into every corner of the room including microscopic cracks and crevices and behind pictures on the wall where bed bugs often are found. The smoke contains an insecticide to kill bed bugs and ensures you do not miss any part of the room allowing any bed bugs to survive, providing enough fumers are used when treating a room.
Protector C Spray (500ml, 1 litre and 5 litres)
Protector C spray is our recommend bed bug spray for use in the home. Safe to use on mattresses, bed frames and carpets, the spray soaks in and remains active for up to 2 months.
Residex P Powder (100g and 400g)
Residex P Powder is commonly used to kill bed bug. Any bed bug entering the powder is dehydrated and killed. Often, powder is used to secure or seal a room by using it along the edges of the room near the skirting areas.
Protector FCIK (400ml)
Protector FCIK is a crawling and flying insect killer aerosol that is to be used when any bed bugs are seen in the open. These are commonly found in bed frames during the treatment process. The aerosol, similarly to the bed bug spray, also has residual properties.
Biopren Insect Growth Regulator Spray (300ml and 1 litre)
Biopren is the latest development in the technology to kill bed bugs. Containing a insect growth regulator, any bug that enters a sprayed area ingests the spray and then cannot develop beyond its current stage of development and thus cutting short the life cycle and infestation level of the bed bug problem in your property.
Frequently asked questions
Bed bugs are prevalent in major cities around the UK. The population of bed bugs has grown throughout recent years, with unwitting travellers bringing more and more bed bugs back into the country. Your home then becomes infested and any visitors are at risk of taking the problem back to their home or workplace, and the cycle continues.
During the night, bed bugs are attracted to the carbon dioxide we exhale when asleep, and feed on our blood. They can survive from anywhere between twenty days to a year without a feed, simply waiting in your room until they come for a fresh feed. During the day, they will hide behind light switches, underneath turned up carpets, in light fixings, behind images and picture frames as well as on bed frames and within your mattress.
Itching and blood stains on bed sheets are signs of a bed bug problem. Bed bug bites are often found from the knee up as when a bed bug bites a human, they inject a small amount of anaesthetic and blood anti-coagulant that can lead to a small bite mark that is irritating and itchy.
Bed bug Fortefog fumers
We offer three sizes of bed bug smoke bomb available to our customers, all three are HSE registered and will kill bed bugs as soon as they come into contact with the smoke. Unlike cheaper foggers available, ours use non sparking blue touch fuse paper, offering no fire risk to your property.
When treating bed bugs, the following room size can be treated by one fumer of each size:
- Mini 3.5g Fumer 7.5 cubic metres (260 cubic feet)
- XL Fumer 5g 7.5 cubic metres (260 cubic feet)
- Midi Fumer 11g 25 cubic metres (900 cubic feet)
Bed bug sprays
There are two varieties of treatment via sprays.
- Residual action: our exclusive bed bug spray contains cypermethrin that is commonly used by professional pest controllers. Once the spray is dry, a bed bug walking into the contaminated area will be killed. The spray affects the bed bugs neural-system leading to its death. Do not be alarmed if you find dead bed bugs on the carpet, just vacuum these up. This shows the treatment is working.
- Insect Growth Regulators: An IGR spray known as Biopren BFS-a stops the development of the bed bugs by inhibiting their growth from one stage to the next. This restricts the life cycle of the bed bug so they cannot move onto the next stage and therefore causing their death.
Residex P Dusting Powder
This insect killer powder is the ideal solution for near plug sockets where a spray cannot be used. Once applied, leave the powder down as long as possible and the powder helps to effectively seal a room, and stop the spread of bed bugs to nearby rooms.
To eliminate a bed bug problem, a coordinated, thorough and planned treatment of every room affected in the home is required. Follow these steps:
- Hot wash your bed sheets and bedding on the highest temperature the label allows. This hot temperature wash will remove any bugs and eggs present on your bedding.
- Vacuum your carpets and mattress, this may pick up any deposited eggs or any bugs on these surfaces. Immediately remove the bag from the hoover and dispose of it in your outside bin.
- Open all cupboard and wardrobe doors as well as drawers, leaving all clothing, bed sheets and toys out in the open. Tip the mattress on one end so the entire mattress is open to the fumes. Make everything in the room as accessible to the smoke as possible. You may want to unscrew light switches, remove photographs and pictures from their frames and from the walls as well as taking out bulbs in light sockets.
- Place the required amount of fumers (according to your room size) on a metal baking tray. Remove the lid of the fumer and light the fumer. Seal and leave the room for 3-4 hours. We recommend, if possible, treating overnight due to the nocturnal behaviour of bed bugs.
- After the given number of hours have passed, re-enter the room and open all the windows and doors to air the room for at least two hours.. You may in certain circumstances see bed bugs out in the open. The fumes have forced the bugs out of the cracks and crevices. We would then recommend using Protector FCIK instant kill spray to kill these bugs whilst out in the open.
- Using the Biopren BFS-a bed bug spray, apply to all carpeted areas, the mattress (not the bed sheets directly), the bed frame and inside any wardrobes and cupboards but not directly onto clothing as the spray can be an irritant to skin. Be thorough, getting into every fold, crack and crevice. Once the spray is dry, it is safe for any pets and children to re-enter the room. The spray needs to be re-applied after 4-6 weeks until the infestation is eliminated.
- Apply Residex P powder to any cracks and crevices in walls, around skirting boards and near plug sockets where spray is unadvisable.
After this treatment, you can continue to sleep in the bedroom or live in the treated rooms as normal. We then highly recommend that you repeat the treatment 7-10 days after the initial treatment to ensure any second stage bed bugs are also killed, before they can restart the breeding cycle.
Ask one of our experts!
We aim to answer all questions as soon as possible - often within a few hours! Although please bear in mind that during busier periods it may take up to 48 hours to receive a response. We look forward to hearing from you.